ABT>>>>

nya

Sunday, 20 September 2026

I am 10 years old, i pretend to fall asleep at the restaurant and my dad carries me home. My wrist bends like a compass against his chest, this hurts, i cant re-adjust, i wont give up the act.
That same night, i pull out a tooth using my bottom jaw as a lever and examine it with my tongue.
it is short and ridged 
Too sharp at its roots
what remains of my gum tissue woven into its base
I fall asleep in truth, still digging at the molar with my tongue. Filing it down.

I am 19 years old, i have fallen outside of a club with you and my leg gushes with blood. the fluorescent light feels barely bright enough to enable human life. your skin brushes against mine briefly and i am struck by its softness.
You dance under the lamp-post, the comfort and ease in which you use your body, how you frolick in these conditions seemingly alien only to me, i am disgusted.
Your boyfriend glares, you smile. he points at me and i realise in my fall, 
i have lost another tooth, gnarled and consumed by the detritus of the gutter.

your face buries into mine and your tongue explores the vacancy in my skull, you hold my head at a distance and the saliva takes me underwater. 
I dont know why i think your touch can make up for all the horrible things i've done to myself. 
As if your picking of my molar out of the street will make it re-attachable.

i am tired, i think of my dad, and realise it was the last time i was ever held and not aware of the teeth in my mouth


you should really listen to this album, its good

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

My dad took me on a hunting trip when I was a kid and I cradled a dead rabbit in my arms. 
 We’d used ferrets to chase them out of their hol...